About Gabriella Doran
After an initial training in art, specialising in theatre design, I lived in Asia for several years, where I ran my own highly successful jewellery manufacturing business. On my return to the UK I was treated with acupuncture, which I was surprised to find not only improved my health, but also provided invaluable support through a bereavement and period of major life changes. I was impressed and inspired by this simple yet profoundly effective form of medicine, and made the decision to study and become a practitioner in 2000.
“I HAD TRIED 'MAINSTREAM' ACUPUNCTURE A NUMBER OF TIMES."
"I was sceptical at first that you could really make any difference to my stress levels and general shocking health. I had tried 'mainstream' acupuncture a number of times before and found it to be fairly ineffective but in a desperate state I knew I had to try something different. After just a few sessions of Classical 5 Elements Acupuncture I can safely say that I haven't felt so good for yonks! I've visited a number of alternative health practitioners in the last few years but none have impressed me as much as you. You were firm but gentle, compassionate and selfless. A credit to your profession and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you to anyone.”
- Charles, London W9
Training and Professional memberships:
- Licentiate in Acupuncture from London's School of Five Element Acupuncture (SOFEA). This is an intensive 3-year training programme which included rigorous continual assessment and examinations, culminating in a years supervised training in clinic alongside internships in long-established practices with master practitioners.
- Certified in Facial Revitalisation Acupuncture and Facial Revitalisation Massage and Acupressure, as taught by Virginia Doran the leading authority on Facial Rejuvenation acupuncture in the United States.
- Member of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), which maintains standards of education, ethics and safe practice in the profession to ensure the health and safety of the public.
- Board Member of the Worsley Institute the home of the Worsley Five-Element Acupuncture tradition developed by Professor J.R. Worsley and continued by his designated successor, Judy Becker Worsley.
- Teacher of Five Element Acupuncture: previously head of Second Year studies and Member of Faculty at LIFEA (London Institute of Five Element Acupuncture).
- Tai Chi Practitioner and Teacher proficient in the Cheng Man Ching 37-posture Yang Short Form and Sword Form and teaches both forms, one to one.